Unlike Rent Live, all of our personnel participated in this week’s show! We’ve got:
- The Venezuela Crisis: International Law complications with dueling recognitions
- More Venezuela: “5,000 Troops to Colombia” and Section 1021 of the Ronald W. Reagan NDAA FY’05
- How About Some More Venezuela? The national emergency declaration that has been in place since 2015, and sanctions under it
- The Prospect of Peace with the Afghan Taliban: Implications for GTMO detention litigation (and looming questions of deference)
- From SDF Military Detention to US Criminal Prosecution: Warren Clark is now in Houston, facing charges
- More Terrorism Prosecutions: two other IS-related material support cases, plus big sentences in a domestic terrorism case
- How About Some More Terrorism Prosecutions: A post-game review of the Nashiri oral argument
- Dude, why is our super-secret robot arm in your bag? On the less-widely heralded Huawei prosecution
- More Huawei Prosecutions: Oh yeah, there’s also the one where the CFO is facing extradition from Canada for fraud in re Iran sanctions
- Pretty Soon No One Will Fight Alongside Us: On the Danish court ruling in the Green Desert Case
- Round 74: Arguing about whether DNI Dan Coats should stay or resign
Frivolity: Super Bowl predictions –> Super Bowl halftime shows –> the “live musical” trend –> why didn’t Rent Live have an understudy???
Spread the word about our show, and be sure to give us a rating on iTunes or whichever podcast platform you prefer!