This week’s show features debate and discussion between co-hosts Professors Steve Vladeck and Bobby Chesney regarding:
- Paul Manafort: comparing his first and second federal sentences, and the timing of the new New York State charges
- Yemen: Congress considering a bill to compel an end to US support for the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen, and the President promising a veto
- The Border Emergency: Congress is poised to pass a bill terminating the asserted national emergency at the border, but that too faces a certain veto
- The ARTICLE ONE Act: Heaven save us from awkward, forced acronyms. But perhaps don’t save us from useful changes to the National Emergencies Act? The good, bad, and …incomplete?…about the proposed “ARTICLE ONE Act.”
- The IoT Cybersecurity Improvement Act: We’ve got a brief breakdown of this useful new bill.
- Transgender Military Service and Judicial Deference: Judges Wilkins and Williams have it out in Jane Doe 2 v. Shanahan.
- Habeas for Undocumented Persons in Detention? This case looms very large, and involves a circuit split.
- Once More Unto the Breach…with Larabee II!
- A Double-Jeopardy Windfall? Double-mishandling of double jeopardy in US v. Rice?
- Online Material Support to the Islamic State: The arrest of Kim Vo in Georgia.
And then, just because these two don’t know when to stop, there’s the frivolity: musings about US News Rankings, debate over the college admissions bribery scandal, and a surprise appearance by … Hall and Oates? You make-a-my dreams come true, dear listeners!