It’s been a long summer break for the podcast, but we’re back! Tune in today as Professors Chesney and Vladeck discuss and debate:
- AUMF reform prospects (2001 AUMF in particular)
- Ongoing uncertainty as to the fate of the Presidential Policy Guidance re use of lethal force outside areas of active hostilities
- Litigation exploring whether a unanimous panel should be required in courts-martial
- A semi-deep dive into Jacobson, the 1905 Supreme Court case that upheld a local mandatory vaccination order (targeting smallpox) in the face of what we would today describe as a substantive due process fundamental rights/liberty claim.
- How about that CDC rent-moratorium extension?
And, yes, we lament the apparent collapse of the Mets, while also recommending some good books and podcasts!