Welcome to our official Holiday Office Party, where we mainly just hope things will go smoother than they did for the good people of Nakatomi Corporation in 1988!
In this episode, co-hosts Steve Vladeck and Bobby Chesney discuss:
- The state of the criminal contempt of Congress proceedings against Steve Bannon and Mark Meadows
- The D.C. Circuit’s ruling refusing to assert post-presidential decision-making authority to Donald Trump in relation to the records of his presidency held by NARA
- The SCOTUS cert. grant in Torres (does Congress under its power to raise and support the armed forces have authority to abrogate state sovereign immunity)
- The SCOTUS cert. denial in Begani
- The 10th Circuit’s ruling in Muhtorov (upholding the Section 702 FISA framework against various challenges)
- Passage of the NDAA for Fiscal Year ’22
All that, plus book recommendations for your holiday shopping convenience, and a Q&A regarding the works of the great Mo Willems (you know: Pigeon, Elephant and Piggie, and Knuffle Bunny).