What a fun episode! Co-hosts Bobby Chesney and Steve Vladeck recorded “live” before the Austin Bar Association, as the finale of their day-long Zoom conference. On tap:
- The ODNI report on FISA statistics: We have a detailed discussion of the highlights, focusing on whether there is cause for alarm in the renews that FBI in some instances failed to get a warrant (as required by statute) before accessing the content of U.S. person communications incidentally collected via 702.
- Pandemia: What’s the real story with the latest Defense Production Act order, the one directed at the meat-processing industry?
- Flynn-sanity: Will Mike Flynn be pardoned, and if not will recent developments involving the FBI’s activities impact his sentence?
- Will the Supreme Court pave the way for judicial enforcement of Congressional subpoenas of Trump business records, or will it instead foreclose that possibility (and much more than that)?
- Hey, look, another judge for the 9/11 case at GTMO!
All that, plus a review of WestWorld episode 7.