Just in time for your weekend entertainment, NSL Podcast is back with a new episode. This time the show was recorded live before a (Zoom-based) audience of Texas Law alumni, which made for a nice change of pace! Tune in as co-hosts Steve Vladeck and Bobby Chesney discuss and debate:
- War Powers reform: whither the 1991, 2001, and 2002 AUFMs? Might there even be agreement on how to handle “associated forces” in a 2001 AUMF reform package?
- The Tsarnaev (Boston Marathon bombing) case: SCOTUS has granted cert on the jury issue, but will the Biden Administration still pursue the death penalty in general?
- Court martial jurisdiction
- Judicial deference on security matters — including IEEPA and CCMC (Communist Chinese Military Companies) designations
- The Fourth Circuit reinstating the jury’s decision convicting a man of acting as an (unregistered) foreign agent for Turkey
- An extradition of a North Korean citizen…how’d that happen?